1957 Norman Mailer - White Negro - On hipsters, cultural appropriation, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Norman Mailer - White Negro - On hipsters, cultural appropriation, etc.

http://www.dhs.fjanosco.net/Documents/TheWhiteNegro.pdf

Interesting read. I especially find his views on outsider culture being appropriated by people with money prophetic. Look at Macklemore and his agenda he's pushing and praised for as proof. Also the mirror raised to many white "liberals" is probably even more relevant today than it was in 1957.

Bear in mind this was written before the 60's and right around desegregation.

Possibly too heavy for these forums but if a few read it and get something from it cool.

I thought it was interesting and relevant to white people specifically and everyone in general.

Re: 1957 Norman Mailer - White Negro - On hipsters, cultural appropriation, etc.

"People often grudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves."
    -Aesop

Comment

Re: 1957 Norman Mailer - White Negro - On hipsters, cultural appropriation, etc.

I avoid cultural appropriation by refusing to let black people marry my daughter.
      Ravige Media is a leading media company with Internet assets totaling over 1.6 million Pageviews per month. We specialize in connecting advertisers looking to reach the 18-35 Year Old Male Demographic.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X