Canelo vs Kirkland! + PBC returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Kirkland! + PBC returns

With boxing's mega (non)event from last week clearly in the rearview, we can all look foward to some entertaining matchups these next few weeks.

Amidst a couple of lawsuits, PBC makes its return on CBS Saturday 4pm EST. The opener is Japan's Tomoki Kameda, 31-0 w/19 KOs vs the UK's Jamie McDonnell, 25-2 w/12 KOs. The closer is Omar Figueroa, 24-0 w/18 KOs vs former lightweight king Ricky Burns, 37-4 w/11 KOs. I've read both Omar & Burns are high volume, action fighters but this'll be my first time seeing any of these guys.

HBO's telecast begins at 9pm EST. It features the returns of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez 44-1 w/31 KOs vs James Kirkland, 32-1 w/28 KOs. Both are coming off periods of inactivity but it shouldnt reflect negatively on them. Canelo dealt with an injury, & as a known gym rat I'm sure he quickly got back to training & inactivity hasn't hindered Kirkland's performance in the past. Kirkland is a high intensity, brutal puncher but we'll see what kind of impact the absence of Ann Wolfe from his corner has. Canelo's dope with the combos & a dedicated learner so let's see if he has anything new in his repertoire.

The fight is preceded by a replay of Mayweather-Pacquiao. The other bout was canceled so im hoping they replay the Lomachenko showcase too.
    Check the puzzle, does it fit
    I am alpha & omega
    And on the seventh day i rise
    Past the pangs of my resistance

Re: Canelo vs Kirkland! + PBC returns

Canelo 6th round tko. Lets hope this fight is more exciting then that dance recital we watched last weekend. Floyd and manny just set boxing back even more.
    Wooooorrrwww up I feeeew bwessssed - Riley Curry

Comment

Alvarez gonna win

Comment

Some thoughts while rewatching May-Pac in a more sober(& more solitary) state & disregarding their claims of heading into the fight injured. May clearly controlled the fight, but i agree with Sr about more hooks, either left hook as a counter or as a quick lead. Manny's low punch volume hurt his ability to set traps cause it counter-acted his feints.

Few years ago i thought Sergio M. would be the perfect foil for Floyd with his combo of shoulder shrugging, feints, hand speed, foot speed, & powerful southpaw style but seeing Floyd neutralize Pac makes me hesitant on that notion.
        I am alpha & omega

Comment

The only time I ever thought floyd lost was the first fight against castillo. That was the only time I saw someone not only land more punches on floyd, but also at a higher connect percentage than floyd. And Maidana gave him some trouble in the first fight due to maidana rough and bully tactics.

As crazy as this sounds amir khan might have a chance against floyd. Not saying amir would win, but he does not have the same issues against mayweather that pacquiao had. Amir is just as tall, big, same reach. The one issue khan has is with power punchers with knockout power which floyd does not have.

I would like to see mayweather fight either amir khan or keith thurman next. Not that floyd has anything to prove because he doesn't. The fight wasn't that bad on second watch. Floyd made manny look like an amateur. Not in my wildest dream would I have predicted that Floyd would throw more punches than Manny. I thought he would throw at least 800.

Comment

well that was quick lol.

Comment

Jesus Christ that was vicious.

Comment

see now that is a fight. Imagine if floyd and manny put on a show like this. GGG VS Canelo is a must see fight whenever it happens.

Comment

Wow brutal KO by Canelo.
                  [MENTION=14274]moneyfloyd23[/MENTION] i know i have to someday, but ive never seen May-Castillo 1 or 2. I agree with you on Khan, hes got that weak chin but 47 is a great division for him physically. His hand speed & power would be a problem. I recognize Thurman's skill & heavy hands but if he tries boxing May like he did with Guerrero he would get schooled.

Triple G vs Canelo would be awesome, im down for that.
                  I am alpha & omega

Comment

[MENTION=11524]jerzcity[/MENTION] you have to watch mayweather castillo 1 on youtube. Though mayweather injured his shoulder (he says). What made that fight crazy is floyd dominated early but castillo took most of the middle and all the late rounds. Floyd usually dominates the second half but not this fight. I was shocked when they gave the decision to mayweather. Castilo was to mayweather what marquez was to pacman. Again he landed more punches on floyd and at a higher percentage accoring to compubox. He was robbed.

Amir khan poses an interesting challenge to floyd. It would definitely be interesting to watch. Unlike most of floyd opponents amir actually boxes. The reason I said keith "One Time" Thurman is because all he needs is one punch. Floyd could be dominating but if Thurman lands one solid punch, it could be goodnight for floyd. And no one else poses any real threat to mayweather.

Unless GGG goes down in weight to 154 but that would be an extremely high risk low reward fight for mayweather.

Comment

floyd was clearly hurt and couldnt throw his right iirc. i think i had castillo 8-4. the rematch was a great fight, think i had floyd 7-5

Comment

ya floyd was hurt. whats ironic is he said in the post interview of the first castillo fight that he had injured is rotator cuff. That's the exact same thing manny said last week. I once hurt my rotator cuff and I couldn't even lift my arm.

Comment

I remember reading on bscene forums someone saying Floyd complaining bout his right in between rounds. Was this fight after Floyd beat Corrales btw?

Money, you think Thurman ready for Floyd? I know its now or never but i cant think of any good slick boxers he's fought.

I think we on the same page regarding G3-Floyd. Why would he fight him when there's equal money fights with Garcia/Khan which are way more winnable.
                          I am alpha & omega

Comment

If anyone ever wants to learn how to throw a perfect punch, I would refer them to the last punch of Canelo vs Kirkland! Fucking brutal!!! https://www.facebook.com/hboboxing

Comment

My cousin canelo caught a fuckin body

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X